My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Medieval Girona & Costa Brava Coast Day Tour332 Reviews
- Explore the historically rich city of Girona
- Visit the impressive Arab Baths
- Visit the charming village of Pals, one of Catalonia's most beautiful treasures
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the traditional local restaurants in Calella Palafrugell
- Explore the Costa Brava, and take a refreshing swim in the inviting Mediterranean waters
DescriptionDiscover the history and beauty of Catalonia on a day trip to Girona and the Costa Brava from Barcelona. Get on board an air-conditioned van with your guide and enjoy the scenic drive. Visit the fishing town of Calella de Palafrugell and relax by the coast or take a dip in the sea. Depart Barcelona in the morning and head to Girona, a well-established city with a fascinating history. Explore its streets, and admire its rich architecture. See the cathedral, established in 1038 on the site of a former Mosque. Visit historical museums such as the Jewish Call and the Arab Bathhouse. Stroll around the colorful streets of the old town or sit down to have a cup of coffee and watch people walk by. Then, continue to the fairytale-like city of Pals, a small medieval village that came about from what was once a fortress. From Pals, head to the fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell, a beach village with whitewashed houses that ramble all the way down to the seafront. Enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the traditional restaurants (at your expense), and spend the afternoon exploring the rocky coastline, visiting the botanic gardens at Cap Roig, or taking a refreshing dip in the inviting waters of the Mediterranean.
IncludesRound-trip transportation by van Live guide Barcelona guide book
- There is enough time to go swimming at Calella de Palafrugell, so bring a bathing suit and a beach towel. Lunch is not included. But we stop in places where there are a wide range of lunch options to suit all budgets.