From LLoret de Mar: Full-Day Trip to Montserrat1 Reviews
Explore beautiful Montserrat and discover the myths and legends that surround the historic mountain-top monastery on this day trip from Lloret de Mar.
- Marvel at breathtaking views of the multi-peaked Montserrat mountain
- Take a funicular train ride up to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey
- Enjoy some free time to explore one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Catalonia
- View the celebrated Virgin of Montserrat statue, known as La Moreneta
- See the Escolania de Montserrat, one of the oldest boys' choirs in Europe
DescriptionDiscover the multi-peaked mountain of Montserrat on this guided tour, and learn about the rich history of the mountain as you watch an informative presentation. Take a train to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey enshrining the famed statue, the Virgin of Montserrat, and marvel at spectacular views of the mountain. Set off from Lloret de Mar in the direction of the Montserrat mountain range, located near Barcelona in the natural environment of Catalonia. Upon arrival, enjoy an informative audiovisual about Montserrat. Admire Montserrat's unique jagged features, multiple peaks, serrated edges, and spectacular rock formations. Next, visit the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey — a pilgrimage site due to the abbey's celebrated statue, the Virgin of Montserrat —by riding a zip train up the mountain. Delight in wonderful views of the mountain range, and explore the Benedictine monastery that was founded in the 11th century. See the monks who still inhabit the monastery to this day, and discover one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe, the Escolania de Monserrat.
IncludesOfficial English, French, and Spanish-speaking guide. Funicular ride Roundtrip transport to and from Lloret de Mar Food and drinks
- Please arrive at the hotel pickup points 10 minutes before the activity starts
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY